Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An open/shut case

     I'm starting a new blog, because I think that it's time I've graduated from Postarita.  I created Postarita in 2005 when the life I had created began to collapse in on itself.  Everything was changing, and more so I was changing, although I had no idea as to what I was becoming.  I went from being a college student, waiting tables for a living and in the relationship I thought was going to last forever; to a perennially single college dropout working at what is purported to be America's greatest pharmacy.

     I then went back to school to finish a degree in journalism, a curriculum which I will be graduating from in exactly one year come December.  I am the news editor for my college newspaper, The Contraband.  I have plans for graduate school, and moving away from Louisiana.  I'm not in love with anyone right now, but I want to be; and maybe I could be soon.  In short, it feels like I am finally beginning to figure things out. 

     That is why I am calling this blog the Open/Shut Case.  I like the idea of detectives in the nineteen twenties declaring that something is so obvious that further discussions are not necessary. I like thinking that I've got things figured out to the point that my life is like one of those obvious murder cases, where all the clues are so firmly in place that investigations are over before they begin.

     The Open/Shut Case is about knowing what I know, and figuring out what I've figured out; and using that information to live my life in simple and happy terms.  If you've ever read Postarita you would know that it's not likely for me to ever be able to distance myself from the ridiculousness that tends to find me everyday; not that I'm looking to separate myself from it.  If Postarita was about having things happen to me, than the Open/Shut Case is about learning from those things. 

     I'm sure over the course of this blog, I'll find that I haven't learned as much as I think I have.  I hope that you'll read anyway.  I hope that you'll do this with me.

Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're going to say it, say it loudly.