Tuesday, November 15, 2011

One turn and I learned what it really means to see

     Two weeks ago I quit the job that I have held for four years.  I began working at Walgreen's during an incredibly bleak time of my life, which was not at all helped by the environment in which I had placed myself.  I have been meaning to quit for almost the entirety of the two years it has been since I rejoined the living and went back to school.  I just couldn't fathom leaving it behind, because I was so comfortable in my mediocrity there.  Plus they paid me too much for doing so little.  I think that I was actually supposed to be doing something to earn my paycheck, but I never let that stop me from bringing my Kindle to work and reading behind the counter. 
      
     In the time that I did work there I printed more naked pictures than I could possibly describe to you.  In case you were wondering, attractive people almost never take naked pictures of themselves.  No, instead it is only those who are deluded by their level of attractiveness that find themselves fit to bare it all.  Let's just say that people need to learn their limits, they also need to stop holding outdoor strip clubs at motorcycle rallies, because believe me, those are more prevalent than you would think. 
      
     I probably should have been one of those people who was prepared to leave a job, with another waiting in the wings.  I am not one for preparation, and make most decisions on a whim.  So just in time for the holiday season, I am gainfully unemployed.  Thankfully, I haven't eaten at Subway for three weeks and have accumulated hundreds of dollars from the savings.  I've applied for a few jobs, since the only paying gig I have left at the McNeese Contraband is about to go on hiatus when the current semester ends.  I will likely have to find a job before I graduate, so if you know of anyone who would be happy to hire a lazy, sarcastic boy who will more than likely at one point be charged for sexual harassment, please tell them to send all offers to my email address, jordan@jordangribble.com.  In the meantime, I have nothing but time to kill. 

case closed

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're going to say it, say it loudly.