Thursday, November 3, 2011

ready to reform/don't let it form us

   I'm starting to realize that I can't wait to work in an actual newsroom; which is probably because the newsroom I work at now, is nothing like a real newsroom at all.  I'm sure at the offices for the Dallas Morning News, no one sits around the office for two hours when everyone is supposed to be laying out the paper, and talk about playing Mega Man on the Super Nintendo for an hour and a half.  Which is exactly where the conversation was at when I left the office thirty minutes ago.
 
   The only thing I'm worried about is getting along with people on a day-to-day basis.  I have a lot of personality quirks, that to some might be considered hilarious; but to the general populace are probably thought of as grating, and possibly considered to be some kind of sex harassment.  Saying inappropriate things such as "blow your load", "dick-bag", and "suck it", aren't considered as harassment; right?  God, I hope not otherwise I'll run out of things to say.  
    
   I just fear that day when I'll be expected to make small talk with a bunch of people I don't give a shit about.  I find it really hard to feign interest.  Actually, if a conversation wanders away from being about me for more than thirty seconds I completely check out.

   I just don't want the professional world to change me.  I don't want to be any different, I do not want to be one of those guys who lives for his job,  and is good at things like exchanging pleasantries, and kissing ass.  I cannot imagine that would be good for me.  What would be good for me however, is ending this post right now and falling asleep while watching Back to the Future (I've never seen it). 

Case Closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're going to say it, say it loudly.